It’s that time again. 2018 is officially over and now that 2019 has started everyone is making resolutions for how they hope their year will go, what they want to achieve and how they want to see themselves change. A lot of the common goals people make will include: drinking less, working out more, saving money, travelling, learn a new language, reading a certain number of books, becoming more successful, etc. Last year my resolution was to complain less. No, I did not succeed with that one. I am a serial complainer, unfortunately. But this year I’ve decided to be very ambitious and make a big list of resolutions (and yes a lot of them are in that very list of common ones from above):
- Blog more – I really slacked off since this summer on my blogging so let’s fix that.
- Read more – I think 1 book a month will be my goal which sounds very achievable, I used to read a ton in high school
- Buy less, get rid of more – I am a serious pack rat. I keep a lot of things. I moved December 15, here it is January 2 and there are still things I haven’t unpacked and I realize how I clearly don’t need those items if I haven’t even opened the box in two weeks.
- Travel – I want to do a solo three week trip to Europe in May/June. Fingers crossed I can make that happen.
- Save more money – I’m terrible with money. I’m a paycheck to paycheck kind of person and it’s not fun. Plus if I want to do #4, I’m going to need $$$.
- Work out more, be healthier – since I lost all that weight in the fall I haven’t been going to the gym as much. Yes, I’ve kept off the weight but I want to grow my muscles, lift heavier and become stronger.
- Paint more – Like with reading I must create a new painting once a month as well.
Well, I think that’s more than enough so here’s to an ambitious 2019!
If you have any books you think I should read (I like historical fiction, sci-fi, fantasy, romance), blog posts you want to see, or money-saving tips, or if you feel like letting me know what your 2019 resolutions are, please feel free to leave a comment 🙂